There are two types of testimonials that you can add to your website.
- You can add a written testimonial OR
- You can add a video testimonial directly from YouTube
To get started, ensure that you are on the testimonials page of your site.
You can then click on the “Add New Testimonial” link on the left hand toolbar.
From the back-end, you have the option of adding the following:
- A suitable title for your testimonial.
- A description
- A YouTube video
- You can relate the testimonial to any of your service pages
- If you have multiple locations, you can also relate this testimonial to that location, specifically
- You can also relate the testimonial to a specific Smile Gallery case.
To add a written testimonial, add a suitable title at the top. If you are copying the testimonial from a different source, paste the testimonial into the Description field.
Click on the “Remove Formatting” tool to erase the formatting of the source that you copied that testimonial from.
If you would then like to relate this testimonial to one of your services, tick the checkboxes under the “Select Related Services” option on the left side. You can select more than one if needed.
You also have the option of adding a featured image to your testimonial.
Click “Submit” to save your changes
If you would like to assign a featured image to your testimonial, you can also add this feature by clicking on the “Edit” button above your testimonial
To add a video testimonial from YouTube, ensure that you copy the URL directly from your YouTube video. You can do this in two ways:
- Click on the “Share” link directly beneath the video and copy the URL provided.
- Or copy the link from the address bar.
Head back to the testimonials page and click on “Add New Testimonial”.
Paste the link that you copied into the YouTube URL field and click “Get Info”. This pulls in the title of the video into the title area for you.
You can change the title accordingly, and add a description if needed. Save your changes by clicking on the “Submit” button.
Remember that you also have the ability to sort the ordering of your testimonials by clicking on “Sort Testimonials” on the left of your screen. You can then drag and drop a testimonial in the order that you need.
You have the option of adding as many testimonials as required on this page.