There are a number of call-to-actions throughout your site that are titled “Request an Appointment” by default. You will see these call-to-actions in several areas of your homepage and throughout your site.
You can link these call-to-actions to your 3rd party booking system. As long as you have a valid Web URL, you can direct users to that URL for online bookings.
To add a 3rd party online booking link:
- Click on Site Configuration in the left hand toolbar, then select “Site Settings”.
- Click on the All Settings radio button towards the top left of the page to find 3rd Party Booking URL at the top of the list.
- Remember that you can also simplify your search by typing the term “3rd” or “Booking” to locate this setting.
- Paste the URL for your booking system into this field, and click on “Save Setting” on the green button at the top of your screen. This immediately saves the change you made.
- From then, any link that is titled “Request an Appointment” (or something similar) will automatically link users to that 3rd party platform.
Be sure to make a change to your contact form if you also wish to receive appointments on this 3rd party booking link.
By default, you will see a “Request an Appointment” and “Contact” radio button at the top of your contact form. You have the option of directing your visitors to the 3rd party form.
From the Contact page:
- Click on Site Configuration in the left hand toolbar, then select “Site Settings”. This time, remain on the Page Settings area (which shows all of the settings for the page that you are currently on), and scroll down to the “Contact Form - Show Appointment Fields” setting.
- Switch the setting to “No”. Save setting at the green button at the top of your screen.
- When you exit out of the Site Settings area, you will see that the radio button for “Request an Appointment” is removed from the form. You now will have a new button that links you to the 3rd party booking link.